Benefits of Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
- Smooths wrinkles and erases fine lines
- Non-invasive, with no downtime
- FDA Approved to treat frown lines and crows feet
- Quick and Easy Service TimeLaughing, smiling, frowning and lifestyle factors all contribute to the development of facial lines and wrinkles.
- Anti-Wrinkle Injections, dermal fillers, chemical peels, microdermabrasions and skin tightening treatments can all be used to smooth lines and wrinkles for a younger, more rejuvenated look.
- Botox injections are non-invasive and most often used to smooth away forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet and laughter lines. At SILK Medspa we offer specialized approach in anti-wrinkle Injections.
What are Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
Anti-wrinkle injections, also known as wrinkle reduction injections, are one of the most popular anti-ageing procedures performed around the world, providing a solution for light to medium depth facial dynamic and mimic lines. The treatment works by injecting a muscle relaxant into the problem area, blocking nerve signals and reducing muscular contraction. The result is a perfectly smooth, refreshed and youthful appearance. The most popular areas that are targeted include the forehead, glabella (frown lines between the eyebrows) and crow’s feet. Injections can also be performed on sagging jowls, the jawline, neck area and excessive areas of sweating, namely the underarms.
The injections are completely safe and may be performed in as little as twenty minutes, with results lasting for an average of three to four months.
Maintenance treatments are required every few months, and a customised treatment plan by one of our registered nurses can be designed during your initial complimentary consultation.
Anti-wrinkle injections have minimal downtime, with the best results being seen about two weeks afterwards, making it the ultimate non-surgical anti-aging procedure.
About the treatment
Wrinkle reduction injections are simple, nonsurgical and medically administered procedures that can temporarily smooth moderate to severe lines and wrinkles.
The injection is comprised of a complex protein that is produced by the Clostridium Botulinum bacterium, and is the only treatment of its type approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It has also been safely used for the past twenty years to treat conditions such as eye spasms and central nervous disorders.
As a cosmetic procedure, anti-wrinkle injections have been used safely and effectively in North America for the past twenty years. They can also be combined with dermal fillers to further improve the appearance of the skin.
The injections are delivered where desired most. The goal is to weaken and relax, not to paralyse the muscles that cause wrinkles to appear, resulting in a natural soft look.
A fine-gauge needle is used and the number of injections required varies depending upon what part of the face is being treated. To treat the fine lines and wrinkles surrounding the eye, commonly referred to as the crow’s feet, up to three injections are administered. To treat forehead lines, a few more tiny injections may be required. The results of an anti-wrinkle injection are very dramatic, with the appearance of lines remarkably reduced, especially when smiling.
Other areas of the face such as the laugh lines, the folds in the area between the nose and lip, unwanted horizontal lines on the neck, and chin creases have also been treated. These areas, however, are treated less frequently. It is not uncommon to experience some bruising around the injection site. Ice packs can be applied before and after treatment to help minimise this problem.
This amazing treatment can reduce or eliminate wrinkles without surgery. It is a unique procedure that produces dramatic results, has few side effects and is reversible. It can provide the solution for a more youthful appearance with minimal recovery time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do anti-wrinkle injections work?
Wrinkle reduction injections are primarily used for lines and wrinkles that appear when we use our muscles repeatedly to make facial expressions. They’re used to relax specific facial muscles that cause expression lines which can age the face. Because the muscles are relaxed their movement is restricted, preventing future undesirable facial expressions which lead to lines and wrinkles. Consequently, the lines and wrinkles gradually smooth and new ones are prevented from forming.
- What can anti-wrinkle injections correct?
Wrinkle reduction injections are highly effective for both men and women in the prevention of the following:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Forehead creases
- Crow’s feet
- Bunny lines
- Hyperhidrosis to the underarms (excessive sweating)
- Tension headaches
- Migraines to forehead area
- Are wrinkle reduction injections safe?
Anti-wrinkle injections are reasonably safe when administered by a medical professional who is trained in its use, as our registered nurses and doctors have been. As with all treatments, side effects may occur, but most of these are mild and temporary.
Slight pain, tenderness and bruising may follow a wrinkle reduction session, and in some cases a slight headache afterwards is reported, but this is uncommon.
Rare complications of excessive affect such as droopy brow or eyelid or even double vision may occur.
Wrinkle reduction injections should not be used on women who are pregnant or breast feeding.
- How long do wrinkle reduction injections last?
Wrinkle reduction procedures can last up to three to four months, but may last for a longer or shorter period as each individual case is different. Seeing your treating doctor or nurse two weeks after the initial session is advisable in order to assess its effectiveness and determine whether a top up is required.
- How is wrinkle reduction performed?
Our doctor or registered nurse will assess the area being treated by asking you to frown or smile, gauging muscle movement and determining where the injection will be administered.
Our doctor or nurse will then inject the treatment into the area with a fine needle.
Anti-wrinkle injections can take as little as ten to twenty minutes to perform, as it is a nonsurgical procedure.
- Will I retain my facial dexterity after receiving Dermal Fillers?
Our Botox/Dysport/Xeomin treatments are customized to preserve your expression, while minimizing wrinkles without “freezing” the face.
- What are the wrinkle reduction options?
They all do the same procedure just with different names that you might be familiar with. The three most popular names are Botox, Dysport, Xeomin.
- How should I prepare for my Cosmetic Injectable Treatment?
Ideally, anyone who is undergoing injectable treatment should prepare for their procedure by avoiding anything that thins the blood. We advise our patients to stop taking medications/supplements such as Aspirin, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Vitamin E, fish oil, gingko biloba, ginger, and green tea, for 72 hours prior to treatment in order to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Do wrinkle reduction treatments hurt?
Many clients have said that it feels like an insect bite, with others feeling no discomfort at all.
No recovery time is needed afterwards, and our clients are able to get back to work or most other activities right away.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours prior to treatment this may increase chance of bruising.
- You cannot be treated if pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Avoid aspirin or blood thinning medication at least 72 hours prior to treatment.
- If you are taking blood thinning medication please consult with your doctor.
- Avoid hot showers, exertion such as going to the gym or for a run, or any activity which will cause you to retain heat in your body directly before the treatment.
- Avoid lying down or rubbing the area for a for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
- Use Ice packs or cool compresses minimize mild swelling and bleeding.
- Avoid alcohol and postpone strenuous exercise for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid aspirin for 24 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid hot showers for several days after the treatment.
- Avoid any exposure to any heat treatments such sauna, hot tub or tanning for 2 weeks after the treatments.
- Do not engage in any exercise or exertion for 24 hours.
- Some bruising is normal and may last few days.You may experience minor bumps at the injection points. This is only temporary.